For the first time in two years, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has announced that it will be lowering its annual mortgage insurance premiums for Kentucky FHA Homebuyers and homeowners looking to refinance a FHA mortgage loan
Kentucky Homeowners with an existing FHA loan that haven’t refinanced in the past two years may be able to reduce their payment and get a lower monthly payment.
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro said on Monday the FHA will reduce the annual premiums most borrowers will pay by a quarter of a percent, or 25 basis points, for most new mortgages with a closing or disbursement date on or after January 27th of 2017. The new rates are projected to save new FHA-insured homeowners an average of $500 this year, Castro said.
When the FHA announced late last year that its flagship fund, the Mutual Mortgage Insurance Fund, grew for the fourth straight year, it led to many question whether we would see a cut to its mortgage insurance premiums again. Now we have an answer. Click the headline for the full details on the FHA reducing mortgage insurance premiums.
2017 Kentucky FHA Annual Mortgage Insurance Premiums
According to the FHA, it will cut the annual mortgage insurance premiums most borrowers will pay by one-quarter of a percentage point, or 25 basis points
Senior Loan Officer
The Department of Housing and Urban Development is pushing back against industry groups calling for the Federal Housing Administration to reduce or rebalance its mortgage insurance premiums. Three industry groups have urged FHA to rebalance its 1.35% annual MI premium and its 1.75% upfront MI premium to make FHA loans more affordable. But such a change would reduce FHA revenue. The commissioner stressed that it’s important to strengthen the FHA single-family mortgage insurance fund and find other ways to increase access to credit. “We must do both,” she told attendees at the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Washington Policy Conference. HUD is moving ahead with a housing counseling program called HAWK (Homeowners Armed with Knowledge) that will reward FHA borrowers that receive counseling.
via Understanding PMI.
Senior Loan Officer
Key Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)*
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway*
Louisville, KY 40222*
- 2013 Louisville Kentucky Mortgage programs (louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com)
- Good Neighbor Next Door Program (trulia.com)
- FHA requirement changes to mortgage insurance, higher credit score needed (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- How to Avoid Paying Private Mortgage Insurance | Equifax Finance Blog (mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com)
- New Rural Housing and USDA Property Eligibility guidelines for Kentucky Cities (kentuckyusdaloan.com)
- Louisville Kentucky FHA Streamline Mortgage Refinance Progra, (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Kentucky USDA credit score and mortgage requirements for 2013 Credit Scores and the Kentucky USDA Rural Development Loan Progra (trulia.com)
- Bankruptcy and judgement liens for a Kentucky Mortgage (trulia.com)
- Louisville Kentucky Mortgage Rates (louisvillekentuckymortgagerates.com)
- Rapid Rescore (mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com)