Kentucky FHA Appraisal Requirements For A Mortgage Loan Approval.
- Ordered through a third party source. Interested/vested parties may not initiate the appraisal. I.E> buyers, sellers, realtors, loan officer, family members
- Property must meet HUD’s minimum property standards. i.e.: permanent heat source, utilities must be on and in working order at time of inspection
- Flips < 90 days – not allowed Per HUD -If current owner owned less than 90 days FHA will not insure. Sometimes a second appraisal will be required by FHA investor if sold within the last 6 months for a large profit. Receipts of work done may be needed to substantiate increase in value of home in short-time period.
- Transferred appraisal – ok
- Appraisal valid 120 days – 30 day extension possible*
- Property eligibility – No location restrictions.
- New Construction Available
Senior Loan Officer
phone: (502) 905-3708
The view and opinions stated on this website belong solely to the authors, and are intended for informational purposes only. The posted information does not guarantee approval, nor does it comprise full underwriting guidelines. This does not represent being part of a government agency. The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the view of my employer. Not all products or services mentioned on this site may fit all people.