What a Government Shutdown Means for FHA Lending

Selling AZ with Rebecca

DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2013

As of early afternoon on Sept. 30, lawmakers were discussing short-term budget legislation, called a continuing resolution, to pay for federal government operations after midnight tonight. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development officials have updated the National Association of REALTORS® on what to expect concerning the status of Federal Housing Administration loans with a federal government shutdown looming at midnight eastern time.

  • The Office of Single Family Housing will endorse new loans under current multi-year appropriation authority in order to support the health and stability of the U.S. mortgage market. (FHA endorsements currently represent 15% of the market.) Approximately 80% of FHA loans are endorsed by lenders with delegated authority. The remaining 20% are endorsed through the FHA Homeownership Centers, leveraging FHA staff with a contractor that works on-site.
  • The Office of Single Family Housing will maintain the minimum operations…

View original post 178 more words

Advertisements

One thought on “What a Government Shutdown Means for FHA Lending

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s