According to a letter sent to mortgage lenders, the FHA said it would offer mortgage insurance to borrowers who, during the recession, filed for bankruptcy or lost their homes through a foreclosure or short-sale proceeding.
The insurance is now available to those who can prove they are no longer financially compromised — and met all other FHA requirements.
“FHA recognizes the hardships faced by these borrowers, and realizes that their credit histories may not fully reflect their true ability or propensity to repay a mortgage,” the letter says.
Besides the burden of proof on the borrower to demonstrate a recovery from the “economic event,” the potential homeowner must also complete housing counseling. This event would need to result in a minimum loss of 20% of the household income.
Senior Loan Officer
firstname.lastname@example.orgKey Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)*
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway*
Louisville, KY 40222*
- FHA vs. Conventional Mortgage: Should I Refinance? (louisvillemortgageguide.com)
- Options can cut cash paid upfront (mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com)
- Quicken Loans Lowers Minimum Credit Score Requirement on FHA Loans (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- FHA Facts… (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Louisville Kentucky VA Refinance for Cashout, rate and term, and IRRL streamline VA refinance Mortgage (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- The Community Voice – Can you buy a house with previous bad credit? Yes! (mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com)
- Blue Loan Services FHA Approved Lending Institute Helps Borrowers Find Mortgage Financing They Can Afford (prnewswire.com)
- Where to Get the Best Mortgage Rates – 4 Things You Need to Know (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- FHA: The “Take This Loan And Shove It” Proposal (They Ain’t Making Loans No More) (confoundedinterest.wordpress.com)
- Kentucky Mortgage Fannie Mae Guidelines for 2013 to include Bankruptcies, Foreclosures, Deeds in Lieu, Preforeclosure Short Sale (mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com)